Will we see you at the finish line?
In this year’s race, we'll be with you every step of the way. You’ll be part of a community whose members train together and support one another.
But your participation is about so much more than just running or walking a race. When you fundraise as part of your race experience, you'll be raising dollars that have the power to change lives. And you'll give your friends and family the opportunity to show their support.
Since 2009, the Maryland Half Marathon & 5K has welcomed thousands of runners and walkers across its finish line and raised more than $6,000,000. This year, we have a new finish line in our sight a goal to raise $500,000 to support UMGCCC in the fight against cancer.
All proceeds support the University of Maryland Greenebaum Comprehensive Cancer Center, where world-class physicians and scientists fight cancer and improve lives and outcomes for cancer patients through research, discovery and innovative care.
Will you join us to bring new hope to cancer patients?
Tips and tools for fundraising success
Once you register, you'll have access to tips, tools and a personal fundraising webpage. You may personalize your page in a variety of ways.
- Add photos and share your personal story about what inspires you to support UMGCCC. Also, post updates while you train.
- Set and share a personal fundraising goal. If you hit your goal, go higher. Every dollar makes a difference in the fight against cancer.
- Connect with other fundraisers. Talk about what donation strategies work for you, and motivate and support each other across the finish line.
- Ask family and friends to donate and post encouraging messages on both your personal fundraising page and social media profiles. See our Social Media Ambassador Toolkit for ready-to-go content and images.
Good Move: We are excited to offer a free new mobile app that tracks your training and fundraising.
- From the time you register until race day, track all of your training—whether it be a run, walk, yoga, bike ride + more—and collect points to compete for awesome prizes.
- Good Move makes it super easy to fundraise. You can directly message your friends and family via text message or share a post to your social media channels, all through the app. Did you know that fundraisers who log their activity and publicly share their updates can raise an average of 40% more?
- After you register for the Maryland Half Marathon & 5K, check your email inbox for an invitation to join the event on the mobile app Good Move. Then download the free Good Move app and enter your one-time passcode. You're in!
Participant Center: You will have access to a user-friendly dashboard with fundraising tools. Each tab provides resources to help you hit your goal.
- Use the address book to import email addresses. This makes it easy to send one email out to all of your contacts at the same time.
- Set up your fundraising campaign effort with the simple email feature. Emails sent from this system point contacts to your personal fundraising page, making donating easy.
- Track open rates and fundraising progress through the activity log. You can also use the log as a guide to follow up with contacts who have not yet donated.
We need your help
Every day, people throughout our communities begin their battle with cancer. As a race participant, donor and fundraiser, you have the opportunity to bring new hope to their fight.